Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mr. Obama are you telling the truth?

I listened to President Obama’s speech yesterday afternoon (July 27, 2010). He talked about stimulating small business through the Small Business Administration and removing capital gains taxes for investment. He talked about our need to invest in alternative energy and he reminded other politicians in Washington that they had all been elected to represent the citizens and not themselves.

For a minute I thought I was talking. It is good to hear him make these public statements. It will be better to see him and the other elected officials take actions to make these things happen.

As a mother, I quickly learned that my children would tell me what I wanted to hear. The only thing I knew for sure when they talked was that they had breath in their lungs and they knew how to talk. I never knew whether what they said was truthful unless I had witnessed the event myself.

People tell us what we want to hear beginning early in life. Politicians have mastered the art.

Mr. Obama, I am waiting to see if you are like my children when they were younger and whether your words are truthful. Are you telling us what we want to hear as part of a campaign strategy or will we see truth in your actions.

No comments: